The impact, dynamics and sheer scale of the latest addition to the award winning i series is breathtaking. Those looking for razor sharp imaging and a gripping presentation in a slim line aspect should look no further than the
Its ability to resolve every nuance in the mid and high frequencies derives from the combination of a silky smooth PMC/SEAS® developed tweeter and a professionally proven three inch (75mm) soft dome mid-range.
PMC’s research into driver design has again produced dramatic results with the development of a new bass driver specifically engineered for the PB1i . The blend of ultra stiff lightweight cone and huge magnet assembly produces a highly potent device. The combination of two units working in tandem within a newly developed ATL makes for a clean, fast and exceptionally extended bass response.
Though substantially built, the PB1i offers an easy load and is therefore easily matched with a wide range of high quality amplifiers. This ease of drive is readily apparent on audition, the response remaining even and smooth throughout.
Seamlessly integrating the high, mid and bass drivers is a hand built, 31 element, 24dB per octave crossover network. This network of hand selected, measured and recorded components precisely divides the incoming signal from the amplifier. It only permits the required frequency range to be fed to each of the three drivers, increasing their power handling abilities and optimising the speaker’s ultra wide dispersion characteristics. A natural rich balance and stereo image can be enjoyed over a wide area, not only in the prime listening position.
The PB1i excels in medium and large rooms with modest or highly exotic source equipment.
- PMC Extended ATL™ (Advanced Transmission Line) with four sections
- Phenomenal bass response down to 24Hz
- Dedicated magnetically screened centre channel – CB6i
- PMC/SEAS®, 27mm SONOLEX™ soft dome tweeter, ferro fluid cooled
- Twin PMC 6Â½”/170mm ultra stiff, long throw, doped bass driver with cast magnesium chassis
- 75mm Soft Dome mid range in an acoustically inert & isolated enclosure
- 31 Element, 24dB/Oct Linkwitz Riley crossover
- Matching Active Subwoofer for surround – TLE1
- Stabilising plinth and levelling spikes
- Suitable for tri-wiring or tri-amping