Naim hard disk players / servers offer CD ripping, cataloguing, storage and distribution either via UPnP to serve multiple UPnP-enabled player / renderers (such as NaimUniti or UnitiQute) or StreamNet to provide up to six streams to a NaimNet audiophile multi-room system.
The Naim HDX is an upgradeable, reference-standard hard disk player designed to enable you to enjoy listening to and managing your collection of high quality CD-rips and downloads through your primary hi-fi system. The HDX is the epitome of performance combined with ease, and will play tracks stored on its integral disks or from NAS, SAN or networked computer storage. There are many ways to control the HDX: remote control, touch-screen, web browser, iPhone. It is the ultimate device for the audiophile who craves convenience.
The HDX-SSD is a variant of the world’s first, performance-upgradeable, audiophile hard disk player: the HDX. HDX-SSD contains a Solid State Drive (SSD), while the standard HDX has an internal hard disk storage drive. HDX-SSD caters for the music lover with an extensive collection and is designed to save all ripped music to Network Attached Storage (NAS) enabling almost infinite storage capability. Like HDX, HDX-SSD is first and foremost a music player. HDX-SSD reads audio data from a CD, copying and storing it to NAS.
When a CD is inserted in the HDX-SSD disc drawer it is read repeatedly until a bit-perfect CD-quality copy of the audio is obtained. Thanks to a network connection this is then stored onto NAS. The internet connection also means your HDX-SSD will automatically catalogue your CDs at artist, album and track level, enabling the simplest search and selection when you come to play your music, which of course is replayed with an utterly uncompromised sound quality.
HDX-SSD is IP-enabled and connected to your home network can form the heart of a IP-based multi-room set up, allowing access to music throughout your home.
HDX-SSD can also be controlled remotely via your iPhone with the n-Serve app, which is available to purchase from the app store.
Imagine your entire CD collection available for immediate replay at the touch of a screen with Naim CD player sound quality. You don’t have to imagine anymore; the HDX-SSD has arrived.
- 16GB Single Level Cell (SLC) Enterprise Drive
- Bit-perfect CD ripping to external network attached storage (NAS)
- Naim Extended Music Database – supports extended metadata to track-level resolution for intuitive browsing & selection
- Naim Network Scanning – will discover all playable music & metadata available on networked computers (PC & Mac)
- Naim UPnP Server – will serve audio streams to any UPnP rendering playback device, such as the NaimUniti or UnitiQute
- Ethernet network connectivity for reliability
- Front-panel USB port for replay of USB memory stick-stored audio
- Multiple intuitive control interfaces: Front panel touch screen / TV / Web / Desktop Client and iPhone / iPod Touch app
- Naim Desktop Client – for browsing music files, player setup and maintenance with a PC
- WAV, MP3, AAC, FLAC, AIFF, Windows Media-formatted content files and ALAC files played from any USB-connected storage device
- Native 24 bit/192kHz playback and internal architecture with support for hi-resolution audio formats. Plays WAV up to 24bit/192kHz, MP3 both vbr and fbr, FLAC up to 24bit/192kHz, AAC (m4a only), AIFF, ALAC, OGG Vorbis and Windows Media-formatted content files.
- CD replay with display of cover art, album and track data
- Performance upgradeable with additional of external XPS or 555 PS power supply and DAC digital to analogue converter
- StreamNet-enabled for NaimNet audiophile multi-room replay of up to six streams over a home network
- Separate toroidal transformer and linear power supply for audio circuits
- Naim-designed PCI audio and drivers with ultra-low jitter clocks
- S/PDIF Digital output on BNC or TosLink
- Seven pole analogue output filtering
- Composite, S-Video or VGA display output for screen or touchscreen
- Electrical isolation of data lines and clocks
- Ultra low noise triple-regulated power supplies
- Naim reference non-magnetic, low-resonance low microphony case
- Quiet in operation
- British design and build