The Audio Design Lab’s GT40 is finally here, built for enthusiasts with growing music collections on their computer hard drives. It’s a high performance 24bit/96kHz USB DAC that’s amazingly affordable. Looking to convert your LPs or other analog sources to digital? The GT40 will take you to the podium with every album you archive.
The seriously-shielded audiophile-grade GT40 features a low-latency USB 2.0 audio driver that plays and records at 96 kHz. A likely first for this category, the GT40 includes a built-in low-noise MM / MC phono preamp! Record your favorite vinyl to hard disk via the USB output.
The ADL GT40 features L/R analog outputs, and switchable line or phono inputs with a vivid, captivating sound that is simply unheard of in this category.
The ADL GT40 (wired with Furutech’s GT2 USB cable of course!) brings Furutech’s signature sound — smooth, detailed clarity — to desktop systems, especially with high resolution 24bit/96kHz files, but even 16bit/44.1kHz files sound impeccable and very musical.
- High performance 24bit/96kHz USB DAC and ADC IC chip
- Enjoy audio in high resolution at 24bit/96kHz surpassing conventional 16bit/44.1kHz standards
- Incorporates the most trusted driver in professional audio for 96kHz recording and playback
- External power supply: while a USB-powered device might be convenient, it won’t develop the power required for high resolution playback, so we designed the GT40 with an external power supply to solve the problem.
- Headphone Amplifier: It contains a high performance headphone amplifier with ample drive for good headphones
- Analog-to-Digital Converter: The GT40 sports a high-performance ADC IC chip for high resolution recordings via analog inputs including phono, AM/FM radio, or other analog signals.
- Phono Preamplifier: A first for this class, the GT40 features a phono equalizer for recording your precious LPs. Switch between Moving Magnet (MM) and Moving Coil (MC) or Line input
- Highest Quality Parts: The GT40 features a high quality amplifier and condenser supporting its high performance analog circuit
- High End Audio Grade Connections: The GT40 is equipped with gold-plated Teflon-insulated RCA jacks with an extremely high quality aluminum chassis and machined volume knob
GT40 has no setting for gain to match different impedance headphones.
We recommend using 16 ohm to 300 ohm impedance headphones.