The 111 Musiccenter is a real all-rounder, and it can certainly do far more than a server. On account of its fully-fledged pre-amplifier unit and its integrated reference-level DA converter it can act as the central element of your hi-fi setup. Three analogue and six digital ports are available to the music lover and enable a number of other devices to be attached. The pre-amplifier section is isolated galvanically from the server section in order to exclude potential interference from the server unit and the analogue section with the integrated DAC converter. Like all other Burmester pre-amplifiers it is constructed on the basis of symmetrical circuit technology and has a completely DC-coupled signal path without capacitor interference. The sophisticated analogue X-Amp2 output circuits obtain their signal from a reference DA converter section, which ensures that the sound is both subtle and musical.
The new Reference Line Musiccenter not only makes a good impression on account of its outstanding sound quality, but above all due to the incredible speed with which it processes very large amounts of data. Any track you select is ready to be played in a fraction of a second. The local player can be steered via the device itself, via a web browser, or with the help of a specially developed Burmester app via an iPad®. Wi-Fi streaming is also possible. A high quality rip of an existing CD collection can be created via the integrated slot drive. The database automatically detects and adds missing album covers and title information. Since forward error correction (FEC) on audio CD drives occurs only a few seconds in advance, old and scratched CDs can produce an audio data stream that contains sporadic skips. Unless appropriate countermeasures are adopted, interfering noise may well diminish your listening pleasure. When a CD is being read out or ripped (in contrast to being played) there are no real-time requirements, which means that audio data can be read out more than once. The Burmester Musiccenter can process these data on a very high resolution quality level and use them to assemble a data stream that does not have these flaws.
Your precious musical data is protected by two mirrored hard disks, each of them with a 3 TB capacity. One of the hard disks is the place where you save your music library, and the second one saves the identical information so that in the event of hard disk failure you can be sure that your data are always secure. The system hard disk is a solid state disk (SSD). Forthcoming updates may include optional SSD solutions to replace the current data storage hard disks. Your data are also safe in the event of power cut. The interruptible power supply (UPS) makes it possible to shut down the server in an orderly manner and provides the best kind of protection for the music stored on your hard disks and for the system stability.
· 3 analog inputs (3 x XLR)
· 6 digital inputs (3 x RCA, 3 x TOSLINK)
· Min. 2 x 1 TB hard drive capacity for music data storage/data storage with two mirrored hard drives) configured in RAID 1
· SSD drive for system storage
· Supported audio formats: FLAC / wav / mp3 etc.
· Can be integrated in a network via LAN or can be operated in stand alone mode
· Sampling rate for D/A conversion can be selected from either 96 kHz/24 bit or 192 kHz/24 bit, according to personal preference
· High-resolution 7” display for good visibility
· High-end ripping function
· UPnP server
· Exclusive music database containing over 3,000,000 titles for matching file data from ripped CDs
· Support for continuously maintained list of Internet radio stations
· Local playlist management + playlist streaming on all clients
· Samba share for storing music to the Musiccenter, that has already been ripped
· Uninterruptible power supply (UPS)
· Customer specification of housing possible
· Full featured control app for the iPad®
· Secure and easy update of system software via imaged files
· Sudden jumps in volume of songs compiled in playlists are reduced by means of sophisticated analogue circuitry, hence no dynamic compression or any other changes are made to the music
· Excellent network performance even if several clients are connected at the same time