Burmester 089 CD player, fully boxed with manual and remote, immaculate condition, HUGE SAVING! (£13320 new)
The Top Line 089 belt-drive CD player combines a number of new features with the familiar Reference Line technology. Burmester’s combination of belt drive, a sample rate conversion (SRC) function of 96kHz/24bit or 192kHz/24bit and corresponding conversion has been the global benchmark for many years.
On account of its two digital ports and its optional volume control, the 089 can also be used as a pre-amplifier. The digital ports of the 089 make it possible to connect other external digital devices via the improved internal DAC converter and to achieve a superb level of sound quality (up to 192kHz/24 bit).
The Top Line 089 Belt-Drive CD Player combines brand-new developments with distinguished technologies from our Reference Line products. The interplay between the Burmester-invented belt-drive, SRC-function to 96kHz/24bit or 192kHz/24bit with the according conversion, is regarded internationally as benchmark technology. The belt-driven CD Player has the advantage of decoupling the laser from the drive motor. As a result, the readout of the CD is significantly higher, because it is not afflicted with electrical jitter. The belt drive is located in a solid, low-resonance chamber.
Due to its two digital inputs and selectable volume control, the 089 has an additional preamplifier-function. The digital inputs allow the connection of further external sources. These sources can also benefit from the internal, improved D/A-converter (up to 192kHz/24 bit). Music is reproduced at its utmost perfection. Like all Burmester components, the D/A converter is designed with balanced circuit technology. The subsequent filter stages and X-Amp2 output stages, are fully balanced without distorting capacitors in the signal path. For the use of the pre-amplifier function, the 089 is also equipped with an analogue input for the connection of analogue sources.
Like the 088 Pre-amplifier, the 089 CD Player uses X-Amp2 modules for the outputs.These modules, formerly only used in Burmester Reference Line products, are primarily responsible for the extraordinary sound that has been awarded with numerous reference titles in the past.
· Belt-drive guarantees ideal data sampling
· Drive unit is capsuled in solid, low-resonance chamber
· The special drive unit construction results in warm, full-bodied sound
· Latest D/A-converting technology with selectable sample rate conversion to 96kHz/24bit or 192kHz/24bit for relaxing high-range reproduction (also for external digital sources)
· Balanced input and output terminals
· 2 digital inputs (S/P DIF standard up to 192kHz) for the connection of further digital sources: 1x optical LWL, 1x cinch for 75Ohm coaxial cable
· 1 balanced analogue input, XLR 3pol., for the connection of an analogue source (e.g. FM Tuner), can be used for cinch via adapter
· Balanced processing of the analogue signal from the D/A converter for higher dynamics
· Separation of supply voltage for analogue and digital circuit parts minimizes the influence of digital high frequency on the analogue output signal
· Additional filtering of supply voltage for the analogue circuit part for an undistorted sound experience
· Fixed and variable output
· Analogue volume control in 60 increments for direct connection to power amps (preamp-function)
· 1 balanced analogue output, XLR 3pol.
· 1 unbalanced analogue output, cinch
· 1 unbalanced analogue TAPE output, cinch, for analogue tape recordings
· Analogue outputs are equipped with X-Amp2 output modules, proven and tested in the Reference Line CD Player 069
· Selectable output amplification of the analogue outputs for the adjustment to connected equipment: fix (for the connection to preamplifiers or integrated amplifiers) or volume selectable (for the connection to power amplifiers or active loudspeakers)
· 2 digital outputs (S/P DIF standard) for digital recordings: 1x optical LWL, 1x cinch for 75Ohm coaxial cable
· MMI slot for future extensions (inputs and outputs of virtually any kind)
· SETUP-menu for individual adjustment of basic functions:
o Automatic start after readout of CD can be selected
o Output-amplification FIX or VARIABLE
o Serial number can be read out in display if desired
o Information like status of drive unit incl. Play, Pause and Stop can be read out in display if desired
o Wake-Up volume can be programmed (in VARIABLE)
o Factory-provided settings can be restored at any time
· Brightness of display adjustable in 4 steps, display-off function
· Vibration-isolating feet with carbon fibre clips for ideal resonance decoupling
· Power controlling of other Burmester devices, Master/Slave via DC IN/OUT
· BURLINK for external control via RS-232 and USB as standard
· Remote control 005 included