Naim NAC 282 pre-amplifier, 3.5 years old, immaculate condition, boxed with manual and remote (£4130 New)
While developing the NAC 282, hundreds of hours were spent listening to new designs and topologies, ensuring that the harmony between music and technology was always maintained.
The included NAPSC power supply independently powers the digital and control circuits while the audio circuits are fed either from a NAP 155 XS or NAP 200 power amplifier or from a stand-alone power supply such as the HiCap or SuperCap. The NAC 282 combines truly awe-inspiring sound quality, with user selectable features and flexibility that ensure it will function as the heart of a high quality hi-fi system for many years.
Two of the six inputs on the Naim NAC 282 can be configured either as the usual DIN inputs, preferred for their superior earthing and impedance matching, or for use with the more common RCA phono connectors, allowing a wide range of non Naim cables and components to be used. A dedicated unity-gain input is provided for use with the Naim AV2 processor or similar.
Each of the six inputs features separate listen and record facilities. In addition to the usual record mute, the NAC 282 mutes not only the output but powers down all associated circuitry, eliminating any possibility of degrading the main output.
- Six line-level inputs including two user-configurable versatile (DIN/ phono) inputs.
- User configurable unity-gain AV input.
- Powered input for use with StageLine or SuperLine phono stage.
- Full infrared remote control.
- RC5 input for wired remote control in complex installations.
- Optional RS232 input/output for use in full home automation systems.
- Upgrade-able with both analogue (Hi-Cap, Super-Cap) and digital (NAPSC) power supplies