The MA9000 Integrated Amplifier can help you achieve audio perfection. Our largest integrated in both size and power, it offers 300 Watts per channel and combines our amplifier and preamplifier expertise into one comprehensive unit.
There are enough inputs and outputs on the MA9000 to last a lifetime. The 10 analog connections are comprised of 2 balanced and 6 unbalanced inputs plus 1 Moving Coil and 1 Moving Magnet for turntable connectivity. Both phono inputs feature adjustable loading for fine tuning of vinyl playback. All unbalanced analog connectors are made from premium gold-plated solid brass for superior signal handling and grounding. On the digital side, 2 coax, 2 optical, 1 USB and 1 MCT input (for use with our MCT450 SACD/CD Transport) are all housed in our new DA1 Digital Audio Module; the DA1 can be easily replaced by future modules to keep your MA9000 up to date as new digital audio formats and technologies are developed. The DA1 utilizes a powerful 8-channel, 32-bit Digital-to-Analog Converter (DAC) used in Quad Balanced mode. The coax and optical inputs will decode music up to 24-bit/192kHz for high resolution audio playback; the USB input accepts even higher PCM signals up to 32-bit/384kHz and supports up to DSD256 and DXD 384kHz. All inputs can be given custom names for user-friendly system control and configuration. All inputs also function independently of each other and each is always available for use regardless of how your sources are connected.
The MA9000 features our new McIntosh Monogrammed Heatsinks™ that are made from high quality materials with excellent thermal conductivity properties. They are so efficient at dissipating heat that they warrant bearing the McIntosh “Mc” logo. They also have a higher quality finish thanks to a new manufacturing process. They are connected to advanced high current output transistors that eliminate thermal equilibrium lag time (or warm-up time), meaning the first note played will sound just as good as those played later in your listening session.
New, more powerful control microprocessors have been used in the MA9000 to improve overall system operation. Some of the latest audio-grade circuit components have also been utilized to allow the MA9000 to deliver the best sound possible. At 300 Watts per channel, the MA9000 has enough power to properly drive virtually all loudspeakers – and our renowned McIntosh Autoformer guarantees your speakers will always receive that full 300 Watts regardless if they have 2, 4 or 8 Ohm impedance. Other McIntosh features included in the MA9000 are:
- Power Guard® that monitors and adjusts the sound wave at the speed of light to prevent harsh sounding distortion and clipping that could damage your speakers
- Sentry Monitor™ is our fuse-less short-circuit protection circuit that disengages the output stage before current exceeds safe operating levels and then resets automatically when operating conditions return to normal
- Home Theater PassThru that allows for seamless integration into a home theater system
- High Drive headphone amplifier with Headphone Crossfeed Director (HXD®) which can bring an added dimension to headphone listening
- A discrete, eight-band tone control that allows for advanced manual analog adjustment of your favorite recordings
- Power Control to send power on/off signals to connected McIntosh components for easy system power up and shutdown
- Our patented Solid Cinch™ speaker binding posts that easily but securely attach the speaker cables to prevent them from coming loose and possibly causing a short; the binding posts are also gold-plated to prevent corrosion and ensure a quality signal is sent over your speaker cables to your speakers
The entire unit is wrapped in the classic McIntosh aesthetic with blue watt meters, a black glass front panel, control knobs, illuminated logo, aluminum end caps with built-in handles and a beautiful polished stainless steel chassis.