The Balance+ phonostage features:
- A solid aluminium resonance-free chassis into which all parts are assembled, protecting them from unwanted vibrations.
- A fully balanced circuit design to extract the maximum performance when used with balanced wired tonearms and preamplifiers.
- Completely independent circuitry for the left and right channels, leading to excellent stereo separation and a highly realistic soundstage.
- An external power supply which is built into a second resonance-free aluminium chassis. This keeps the delicate audio signal away from mains power thus minimising hum and noise, while also providing a highly refined and exact voltage to the delicate phonostage electronics ensuring purity and stability of performance.
- The addition of a volume control, which allows the Balance+ to be used directly into a power amplifier in a single-source system, thereby improving the system performance by providing a shorter signal path and saving the cost of a separate preamplifier.
- High quality gold plated input and output RCA terminals which give a superb contact and will not degrade over time.
- A switchable subsonic filter which gives the provision to remove subsonic frequencies, improving the performance of warped records.
Switching is provided for both MM (moving magnet) and MC (moving coil) cartridges making the Balance+ compatible with virtually all phono cartridges.
Mute switching and a high quality headphone amplifier add even further to the impressive list of features of this high performance, highly flexible phonostage.
As with all clearaudio phonostages bearing the ‘+’ name, the Balance+ can be further upgraded by the addition of the clearaudio ACCU+ auto-charging battery power supply.