The 911 MK3 stereo power amplifier is Burmester’s second-largest amplifier and one of the most powerful on the global market.
The big wattage giant is considered to be one of the fastest power amplifiers in the world. Based on insights gained from the design of the much-acclaimed 909 model, it has been continually improved and developed and, as version MK 3, has already reached the third generation.
The 911 MK3 can keep supplying high current in a seemingly effortless manner, and can thus easily power loudspeakers with low impedance values and very complex loads. This amplifier is held in high esteem on account of its warm and detail-rich sound. In fact, the 911 is unsurpassed in its ability to decipher minute details at extremely high volumes on the best loudspeakers in the world.
· Bridgeable into mono operation by external mono adapters or internally at the factory when initially ordered as mono
· Bi-amping via external bi-amping adapters
· Balanced circuitry throughout like all Burmester components
· Input stages with Burmester X-amp technology (class A)
· Completely DC-coupled without distorting capacitors in the signal path
· Generously dimensioned power supply provides high current capability
· High damping factor enables effortless control of any speaker over the entire frequency range, even at high frequencies
· Stable at any load over the entire frequency range
· Massive binding posts for connection of speaker cables (please use spade plugs only!)
· Remote on/off switching in connection with Burmester pre-amps and D/A converters with variable output
· A protection circuit outside of the signal path monitors the 911 MK3 during operation for overheating, DC offset and overdrive.
· Balanced inputs (stereo/mono)
· Unbalanced inputs by using the supplied adapters (only in stereo mode)
· Input for remote on/off switching by Burmester pre-amps and Burmester D/Aconverters with variable output
· Bindings posts for loudspeaker hook-up (stereo/mono)
Standard model with engraved chrome triangle name plate, housing in silver anodized.
Custom finishes upon request.
· Dimensions (WxHxD): 482mm x 216mm x 482mm
· Weight: appr. 31kg
· Rated output power at 4W: S tereo: 2 x 350W / Mono: 1 x 770W
· Damping factor: 2750
· Signal-to-noise ratio: >103dB
· Input sensitivity: 770mV for full volume
· Frequency response (-3dB): <10Hz – 220kHz
· 8 selected power transistors per channel
· Power supply with 130.000mF filter capacity and 750VA toroidal transformer