The 088 pre-amplifier combines many of the technical refinements of the Reference Line with the compact structure of the Top Line devices. It benefits from tried and tested developments that already gave the Reference Line 077 pre-amplifier its superb sound quality. The perfect fusion of sound and design seen in the 088 pre-amplifier appeals to the senses and is a source of endless delight and listening pleasure.
The 088 Pre-amplifier combines a considerable amount of technical finesse from the Reference Line with the consolidated construction of the Top Line models. It profits from distinguished developments, which have already leveraged the Reference Line 077 Pre-amplifier to its extraordinary sound characteristics. With a perfect mergence of sound and design in combination with easy and intuitive controlling, the 088 guarantees sensuous and light-hearted listening pleasure.
Due to an innovative circuit-concept, it is possible to use the longevity of wear-free semiconductor-switches without the usual negative influence on the sound. The well proven volume control from the Reference Line 077 Pre-amplifier results in an excellent resolution of volume in the 088, as well. The phase shift allows flexible connections and easy combination with other devices with differing PIN-configuration of the XLR-plugs.
For an individual configuration the 088 provides a module slot for an optional Phono MC3 or MM2 module, or D/A converter. When no optional module is ordered, the 088 is equipped with a Line module as standard, and therefore has an additional unbalanced high level input.
All inputs may be named individually. The coding via remote control is facilitated by an intelligent assignment assistance. The established dual-mono assembly has been brought to perfection and minimizes effects caused by crosstalk between the channels. The multilayer assembly of the circuit boards minimizes negative effects caused by crosstalk on the inputs.
· 5 balanced inputs (XLR 3pol.), can be used as unbalanced inputs via adapter if required
· Seamless integration into home theatre systems using the surround thruput terminal
· Module slot for one optional module:
o Line module (standard), with unbalanced high level input, cinch
o Phono MC3 module (optional), with balanced input, XLR 3pol., input sensitivity and input resistance can be programmed for an ideal adjustment to the pickup, shiftable subsonic filter
o Phono MM2 module (optional), with balanced input, XLR 3pol., input sensitivity and input resistance can be programmed for ideal adjustment to the pickup, shiftable subsonic filter
o D/A converter module (optional), with S/P-DIF input (cinch) and USB slave input, 069 DAC-technology with upsampling to 96kHz and 192kHz selectable
· Input sensitivity can be adjusted individually for every input, therefore disruptive volume leaps when the inputs are changed are avoided
· Phase reversal of inputs for a flexible connection of devices with other devices with differing PIN-configuration of the XLR-plugs
· 1 balanced output with volume control (MAIN OUT), XLR 3pol., equipped with X-AMP2 modules, which have already proven their quality in the Reference 077 Preamplifier
· 1 balanced TAPE-Output, XLR 3pol., with fixed volume for analogue tape recordings
· 1 headphone jack, 6,3mm (1/4“)
· Output amplification for MAIN OUT selectable between LOW and HIGH for the adjustment for connected power amps or active speakers
· Global SETUP-Menu for individual adjustment of basic functions:
o Input sensitivity adjustable for every input from -6dB to +12dB
o Custom labelling of programmable inputs
o serial number can be read out in display if desired
o operating controls can be switched off on the device in order to prevent maloperation (child-proof lock)
o factory settings can be restored at any time
· Separate SETUP-Menu for individual adjustment of special functions:
o Volume balance is adjustable for customized acoustics
o Volume setting at activation can be programmed
· Volume control and volume indication in steps from 1-60 or dB-steps
· Brightness of display can be adjusted in four Stepps, display-off function
· Power controlling of other Burmester devices, Master/Slave via DC IN/OUT
· Vibration-isolating feet with carbon fibre clips for ideal resonance decoupling
· Fully DC-coupled without distorting capacitors in the signal path for a precise bass reproduction
· Dual-mono design for maximum channel separation
· Latest, wear-free Burmester CMOS technology for switching of inputs
· Latest CPU technology (ensures capability for future upgrades of controlling unit)
· BURLINK for external control via RS-232 and USB as standard
· Remote control available as optional accessory