In spite of the fact that the power supply unit is slightly smaller than in the case of 032, 082 still delivers an impressive performance, and the sound quality is almost on a par with that of the more powerful 032. It is an ideal partner for Burmester CD players, and in particular for Classic Line 061.
The 082 amplifier also makes our listening dreams come true. It exudes a warm, strong and full-bodied sound which at the same time impresses the listener on account of its capacity for detail. We attain this goal with a type of circuit design that is based on symmetrical DC-coupled amplifier paths.
Our Classic Line 082 integrated amplifier – like the 032 before it – descends from a long line of distinguished amplifiers including the 909, the 911, the 956 MK2 and the 036, which have received highest praise all over the world. The 082 closes a gap in our Classic Line and matches optimally with our CD Players, especially the 061.
The 082 is a further development based on previous amplifying technologies and realises our ideal tonal conception: warm, substantial and vigorous sound which at the same time impresses with richness of detail. This is achieved with a circuit concept, which rests upon DC-coupled amplification stages. Due to its generously dimensioned power supply, the 082 is able to supply high currents continuously and therefore has control even over charge-critical loudspeakers.
Due to its numerous functions, the 082 is ideally suited for Stereo as well as for Home Theatre applications. It offers a Home Theatre Thruput terminal, which routes signals past the pre-amplification stage directly to the power amp. This Thruput can also be controlled via the Burmester Link interface.
• Balanced preamplification stages
• Completely DC-coupled without distorting capacitors in the signal path
• High damping factor enables effortless control of any speaker over the full frequency range, even at high frequencies
• Stable at any load over the entire frequency range
• Massive binding posts for speaker cables (best performance with spade lugs!)
• A built-in protective circuit outside of the signal path monitors the 082 during operation with regard to overheating, DC offset and overloading.
• Oversized power supply with 82.000 μF filter capacity and a 450 VA toroidal transformer. Additional local filtering at the output stages with low inductive bypass capacitors.
• Inputs can be lined up separately
• Adjustable pre-sets: Input sensitivity, output level, wake-up volume
• Pre-amp output
• Architecture of the power amplification stages
• Extremely fast signal transfer
• High bandwidth
• Steady negative feedback over the entire audible range and beyond.
• Tone controls (can be switched off)
• Volume control in 60 steps with ultra precise volume actuator for perfect channel synchronisation
• Remote on/off: The 082 can be switched on/off or can be used to switch other components by a 10V DC trigger current.
• BurLink with RS-232 and USB
• Head phones jack at the rear panel
• Full remote control
• Remote control not included
|Dimensions (WxHxD):||482 mm x 177 mm x 490 mm|
|19 x 7 x 19.3 inches|
|Weight:||app. 25 kilos / app. 55 lbs|
|Rated power output:||2 x 150 W (4Ω) / 2 x 100 W (8Ω)|
|Signal-to-noise ratio:||>96 dB|
|Input sensitivity:||adjustable (-9 to 0 to +9)|
|Frequency response:||3-100kHz (-3dB, band-limited)|
|Rise time:||Rise time: 23V/μs at 4 Ω|