Burmester’s new 100 phono pre-amplifier is a real must for all devotees of analogue listening and harks back to the success of the 838 phono pre-amplifier in the 1980s. The net result is a return to the roots of the Burmester success story plus the state-of-the-art technology of the 21st century. The 100 phono pre-amplifier was designed to give vinyl lovers the very best in listening pleasure and to enable them to make digital backup copies of their analogue musical treasures.
The 100 phono pre-amplifier conjoins specially selected parts, circuit technology, precision engineering and perfect analogue sound. In other words, it is the best combination in the world of sophisticated analogue signals processing and applied technology. This pre-amplifier makes it possible to create high-resolution and high-quality copies of an analogue collection of vinyl LPs and transfer them to a server, to a hard disk, or directly to a CD burner. The extraneous voltage that causes white noise, humming and distortion is down to the lowest possible level. The phono pre-amplifier performance metrics reach the theoretical and practical minimum, and are currently, and will probably remain, state-of-the-art for a long time to come.
In the full configuration the 100 phono pre-amplifier has two symmetrical phono ports (XLR 3pol. female), which are available as MC and/or MM versions. This makes it possible to attach record players with two pick up systems or to attach two record players simultaneously with different pick up systems (MM/MC). The 100 phono pre-amplifier automatically detects the MC or MM module and is thus very simple to operate.
Since the input resistance of an MC cartridge is adjustable, it is possible to discover the optimal impedance level for every pick up system. This is also true of the adjustability of the input capacity of an MM pick up system. The input impedance circuitry makes use of relays. By taking the shortest possible signal paths it is possible to reduce interference couplings to an absolute minimum. In order to attain an optimal adjustment of levels and volume, a range of six settings for selecting the input sensitivity of each module is available.
A special feature of the new 100 phono pre-amplifier is the AUTO ADJUST function. This means that by merely pressing a button you can automatically balance the channels of the pick up system to a 0.2 dB (2 %) level of accuracy and with a channel inequality of 6 dB.
The DC-coupled signal path omits coupling capacitors, since they can cause interference, and this leads to very precise bass reproduction. There is no phase shift in the audible part of the range. The optional A/D converter module with its USB and S/PDIF output ports enables the new 100 phono pre-amplifier to produce digital versions of analogue vinyl recordings. In other words, you can archive your vinyl collection by burning them on CDs or adding them to your music server.
· Up to two balanced phono inputs (XLR 3pol female), MC or MM version available (specify by order).
· Automatic recognition of the modules (MC or MM) and visualization at the front panel.
· Independent settings for each module which are selectable and automatically saved (impedance, gain, subsonic, output 0 dB/+6 dB, auto adjust on/off, etc…)
· Input impedance for MC module selectable (33 , 75 , 220 , 390 , 1 k, 47 k) thus optimal impedance adjustment possible.
· Input capacitance for MM module selectable (68 pF, 120 pF, 180 pF, 220 pF, 300 pF and 400 pF) thus optimal capacitance adjustment possible.
· The input impedances are switched by means of high performance audio relays, thus the shortest possible audio path is achieved.
· The input gain can be selected which assures the best possible volume adjustment of each and every Phono cartridge:
o MM: 37 dB, 40 dB, 43 dB, 46 dB, 49 dB, 52 dB,
o MC: 57 dB, 60 dB, 63 dB, 66 dB, 69 dB, 72 dB.
· Selectable subsonic filter to reduce large woofer movement due to wavy vinyl records.
· Automatic level adjustment of left and right channel (AUTO ADJUST) to compensate Phono cartridge tolerances up to 6dB.
· Optional selection between fixed and variable volume output
· One balanced analogue stereo output, XLR 3pol male
· One unbalanced analogue stereo output, RCA
· DC coupled signal path assures the best sound reproduction down to the lowest frequencies without any phase shift in the audible frequency range.
· X-AMP2 output modules with high driving capability feeds even low impedance inputs ideally.
· Output voltage can be boosted by 6 dB for devices with a low input sensitivity.
· Output phase may be turned by 180° using a sliding switch on the back panel.
· Optional A/D converter-module with USB and S/P-DIF
· Two digital outputs, S/P-DIF (RCA) and optical (TOSLINK)
· Sampling frequency of the ADC is selectable between 48kHz/24bit, 96kHz/24bit or 192kHz/24bit
· Load display of the ADC with analogue audio level meter with dimmable illumination
· The meter can either display the left channel only, or the right channel only, or the mono sum of both channels.
· Illumination of the meter selectable
· In addition to the analogue level meter a fast responding overflow LED for short peak overflow indication is provided.
· The internal power supply features very low standby power consumption (< 1 W).
· remote power up of other devices possible by means of the DC IN/OUT connection.
· Optional BURLINK module for external control via RS232 or USB
· Carbon fibre feet reduce micro phonic effects.
· Burmester remote control included